Sunday, November 22, 2015

Ranting and Reviewing - Four Seasons Hotel

Hey Travel Gurus!
I've come to realize that I haven't been posting many personal blog posts lately and in sharing, some of my own experiences, I might inspire you to goo out and make your own. I also realized that it would be helpful to share my honest opinion on some of my experiences to help you get an idea of what to avoid and what to go for in your traveling future. Today my topic of rave reviewing, is the Four Season hotel.

I was reminded of a family trip to Orlando in a dream last night. It was an amazingly vivid - and random - vision in which I remembered my unforgettable stay at the Four Seasons hotel. 

This trip was planned for the bonding and re-Americanizing the family after our 10-month stay in Tunisia. My dad was super excited to see the family and planned the venture as a surprise for us. He decided to take us to Florida, with the majority of the trip to be spent in Disneyworld. 

For the first few days, we spent the trip in Miami enjoying the eccentric and vibrant culture while visiting great eateries and landmarks, while getting a feel for the state.

Then, the highlight of the trip came, as we drove to Orlando to spend a week in Disneyworld, every person's secret dream - though as a 6th grader, I was in a phase where pretending that these things were too childish for my liking was cool. Of course the theme parks were utterly indescribable. The extent to which every nook and cranny of the humongous park is detailed from names of restaurants to mini recreations of classic movies as shops was what truly amazed me. As amazing as the location was, the hotel stay still sticks in my mind more than any other.

We were lucky enough to be able to stay at the Four Seasons resort in Disneyworld. The service was simply amazing, and you can feel, from the second that you enter the gorgeous building. Despite the thousands of guests  in the building, every employee is completely invested in your comfort and enjoyment. Though a bellhop a offered to take up our things, is kids were too enamel red by the team that holds the suitcases and plenty happy pushing it ourselves. After a hassle of entering the elevator and arguing about who got to press the elevator button, we got to our room. My parents wanted to be able to enjoy the trip as much us loud kids did, and so my dad had reserved a breathtaking and huge suite next door to a smaller room where the kids could sleep. We spent most of the time in the suite as a family and went to our room to sleep. The rooms were so beautiful yet still set up in a way where you felt the comfort of home. Everything was spotless and we had a great view of the gorgeous exterior pools and areas of the resort. 

The food offered in the hotel restaurant only proved why the Four Seasons was successful elsewhere as purely a restaurant. While my brothers couldn't value this as two typical boys who just scarfed down their burgers and mac&cheese, I was old enough to take in the environment and to this day remeber their delicious penne pasta I ate as the family gathered around the table. Their breakfast and dinner buffet down in the lobby did not fail to impress either.

As amazing as the food was and as great as th venue was, the Four Seasons would not be as memorable in my mind if is wasn't for the great staff and mentality everyone there has. One example of this was on the topic of my brother's birthday. Having heard my dad discuss my brother Awwab's birthday coming up soon after the trip, they asked if they could do something for him before we left. When we woke on our scheduled day of departure, we were surprised with a small cake customized just for my brother's birthday, who was elated that he would be able to celebrate his birthday in some way while in Disneyworld. With the beautiful hotel, the professionalism, and hospitality the Four Seasons truly made us feel like we were in the most magical place on Earth. To this day, we be sure to check if there's a Four Seasons wherever we're heading and know that if we plan on staying there again, we're sure to be in for a treat.

Taz

No comments:

Post a Comment