Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Why I love Travel

Hey Travel Gurus!

I often find myself pondering over the Meta questions in life like how has every single decision I’ve ever made brought me here, to this exact situation. And my current situation is eating a tub full of Ben and Jerry’s, watching How to Get Away with Murder and trying to think of an adequate blog post. In other words, I started out my thought process for this post in a rut. However, I came up with the bright idea of writing how my love of traveling has brought me to this exact situation and explicate in blog form, why I truly love travel.
From my years as a wee little tot, I have been exposed to the world around me. I was enamored by the fantastical tales of the Disney classics, had the opportunity to express my creativity through dress up and was brought up in a household with parents who love to have as much fun as I do. From the start, I was encouraged to explore and was rewarded for being curious – except when I crossed the line of course. I could not stay in one mental spot for a long time and so I enjoyed external stimulation. Trips with my family fulfilled that for me.

I was with the people I cared about most in settings I had no knowledge of. I was able to experience new things, see views I couldn’t even imagine in my wildest dreams and share memories with people that annoyed me enough to earn my love. For that reason, travel has always had appositive connotation in my mind and special place in my heart.

I love travel because I love to be informed. I like learning about the way people think and act and seeing firsthand the land other people like me grew up to love. I like learning about the planet I will spend the rest of my life on – plausible – and experiencing all of its hidden wonders firsthand. I like breaking out of the monotonous routine society has imposed on me and being able to let my mind wander as I wander through the natural scenery that makes up our world. I love travel because it fulfills my most ravenous curiosities and desires, while still leaving more to be wanted. No matter where I go, I will always have my mind set on my next destination when I return.

Taz

No comments:

Post a Comment