Sunday, February 7, 2016

Things I Can't Travel Without

Hey travel gurus!
          
Traveling requires preparation and a good sense of what your necessities are. Packing what you need versus what you want – both physically and mentally – can make all the difference in how you experience your trip.
          
The essentials – My suitcase varies moderately depending on where I’m going, but the core of my reasoning never changes. I always make sure to choose climate based clothes. For colder places such a ski resort, I might choose to pack two coats, two snow pants, a hat, gloves and a couple outfits as well as pajamas for time I spend not on the slopes. If I’m visiting my parents’ home country of Tunisia, I know to dress for hot tropical weather year round, especially during summer. This means lots of light blouses, flowy maxi dresses, sandals, sunglasses and good quality jeans. A camping trip might solicit a backpack, trek sneakers, durable clothing I’m willing to get dirty and cozy pajamas to spend my night around the fire in. Even if your destination is different, base your packing around the climate. No matter where you’re going, never forget hygiene essentials, such as hairbrushes, toothbrushes, shampoo and conditioner, especially if you’re not staying at a hotel, and even then, we all now hotel replacements are just not the same. Another thing to plan ahead for is whether your home for the trip offers a washing machine. This can cut your clothing load by half as you’ll be able to clean your clothes throughout the trip, and nobody in a foreign location is going to notice if you wore that red sweater twice. Just saying.

Important keepsakes – For me, I keep a journal and Polaroid camera with me on all trips big or small, to document the amazing and even not so amazing trips I get the chance of experiencing. This allows me to have a physical version of all my past trips and allows me to remember details I might have otherwise forgotten. My journal/scrapbook is very important to me and has great sentimental value. If this kind of thing isn’t important for you, try to find something that means a lot to you, to make your trip mean a lot more.

A good attitude – without the right mindset you’ll waste a trip feeling rotten and have bad memories to look back on. Make the most of your time and don’t sweat the small stuff and you’ll have a great time and a trip more worthwhile.

Hope this helped get your preparation on track. Stay snazzy gurus!

Taz

No comments:

Post a Comment