Saturday, February 27, 2016

My Emergency Kit

Hey Travel Gurus!
Traveling forces you to be smart and tactical with how you compress your life’s needs in an itty bitty suitcase. Even more difficult is discerning what items you may need in a tiny to go kit, which can prepare you for all of life’s emergencies. However, if you include method in your last minute packing madness, I am certain that you will be able include the right things in your emergency kit. To help, here are things I’m sure to include in my tiny travel kit.
This bag is usually one I will bring on the plane or in the car with me to provide me with what I need when I need them. For that reason, make sure to look up liquid container guideline for airplanes ahead of time so you aren’t greeted with a trashcan for your expensive perfume to be thrown in – take it from someone who’s witnessed the horror herself.
With guidelines and space concerns in mind, my emergency kit it pretty basic, consisting of items that are multi purposeful and can be used interchangeably. Facial wipes are also good as hand wipes when as a clothes stain remover when I forget my Tide to go stick. Sunglasses are also a must since it takes your eyes a while to adjust to the bright sun after being tucked away in a dark plane. Phone necessities such as a portable charger and headphones are always with me. A good book to read is also a great thing to bring for when your smartphone on airplane mode just doesn’t provide you with enough entertainment. I keep Band-Aids and Neosporin with me just in case of any minor injuries. A toothbrush and toothpaste can also come in handy, especially when you’re on a very long flight and especially when your mouth is full of braces and wires like mine.
 Cosmetic wise, I tend to keep things quite basic since I am traveling hours on end with a bunch of people who are as disgruntled and unobservant as me. When I do opt to take makeup alone with me, I choose items such as a basic lipstick that can be used as blush and an eyeliner that can double as an eyebrow filler. Makeup wipes are also a must as sleeping in an airplane seat is already uncomfortable enough without lashes smothered in dried mascara. I also make sure to bring along lotion as the high altitude exponentially increases my tendency for dry and cracked skin.
Remember, this is just my personal preference and what makes your emergency kit yours is what special and personally valuable things you keep with you on your journeys.
Thanks for reading!


Taz

No comments:

Post a Comment